Friday, 29 May 2009

'tis the season to be nuptial

sorry for the silence, people have been getting married (not me!) and I have been busy travelling, titivating, drinking prosecco, being photographed, making small talk with other people's distant relatives, overeating &c for what feels like a long time. There was also a few days of lounging by the sea. Perhaps there will be photos at some stage.

then there has been the whole CL final thing - my thoughts on it are here if you care. some Utd fans of my acquaintance were over for the match so yesterday we met up for an afternoon of drinking & Caravaggios at the Galleria Borghese, a traditional post-defeat activity to be sure.

Now I am girding my metaphorical loins for the start of the summer semester on Monday. I have also been writing conference paper proposals & preparing for a presentation I'm giving in the UK next week. Busy times.

No comments: