Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Tonight I would like....

Tonight I would like to achieve a respectable performance. And a decent scoreline. While I don't quite agree with the UK media's total write-off of tonight's game, I'm not exactly booking my flight to Barcellona either. On the contrary. What I would like is just not to be humiliated. Again.

I seem to remember saying/thinking something very similar to this more or less exactly 12 months ago. Let's hope it turns out better this time. I don't think my nerves could stand it. There's a limit to how much heart-break you can put a girl through, surely... And yes, dammit, it is all about me. Don't they realise?

7 comments:

chelsea boy said...

Come on Roma and bring `aboutmy dream/nightmare War of the Roses style final.

Spangly Princess said...

aw bless you

TrentToffee said...

...it won't be a drubbing girl. But, tonight I hope United go through, because I personally think that they are the only team to stop those Red C**TS (that word is chosen with care) from winning it again.

Sorry CB, it pains me to say it, and I wish it weren't true, but I fear Chokeski will wilt at Anfield. Yet again :0(

Henry Ford said...

In Bocc'al Luppo

Henry Ford said...

Is there any live match commentary to be found less irritating than that on the Grauniad site?

roswitha said...

I knew it would be foolish to hope for any different, but hell, it still hurt. Alas, alas.

patcook said...

scoreline wasnt embarassing but man u resting Rooney and Ronaldo was a little insulting.

Pity De Rossi couldn't make SAF regret it