Monday, 12 November 2007

with thanks to...

I just want to link to a few people who have been writing their own interesting analyses of this whole sorry business, some of whom have been kind enough to cite me.

Antonio G has a typically insightful piece over at Gramsci's Kingdom, thinking about Italian politics and society. Brian has a cultural approach on The Run of Play. Meanwhile both Pitch Invasion and 200percent have courteously linked this way and sent me lots of readers.

Meanwhile I have spent my day reading Ansa.it, the main press agency, as well as La Repubblica, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Il Corriere della Sera and sundry other news sources (I feel the need, as an historian, to cite them...)

3 comments:

ginkers said...

I am sorry about the whole thing but glad you had the day off and were able to cover it in such detail.

It is hard to be a fan of Italian football when images like this are being sent around the world. Even if it has nothing really to do with the game, the mud sticks...

Shep said...

I was coming to you for info even before the BBC News website.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Excellent work - keep it up. I'm a fan. x

TrentToffee said...

...here here. Terrific work SP. It's the only place to come for the facts as they're known. Last night the BBC said that the officer involved in the shooting hadn't been identified. But they're only the BBC, what do they know ?