Tuesday, 24 July 2007

been out taking photos

of memorials, plaques, obelisks etc.

I found this on via Cavour in an amazingly cool dark atrium. Trust him to have not just a prestigious address but a shady restful cool house.

(In questa casa dal 1891 al1928 dimorava Giovanni Giolitti. Presidente del Consiglio dei Ministri, Statista Insigne) The plaque was put up by the Banca d'Italia in 2005, interestingly. But do they have to tell us who he was? I hope not. for shame.

It's blistering hot here, I think I might go out & buy myself an electric fan. And maybe an ice-cream. Not necessarily in that order. One of the best ice-cream places in town is right on my doorstep, I am very fond of their Alpine strawberry flavour. All the fruit ones come with big chunks of fruit inside, while they offer something like 8 different types of chocolate (plain, milk, white, with hazelnut, with chilli, with orange, with nutella, with choc chops, with meringue, wait that's 9). Yes, I think apricot and dark chocolate is the combination calling to me. *swelter*

No comments: