Friday, 18 May 2007

cupcakes


Tonight I made cupcakes. It's been a while, and I forgot how tricky it can be without the proper tray to keep then nice and round. So some look a little, er, home-made.

I amended basic Victoria sponge recipe (175g each butter, self-raising flour, sugar + 3 eggs & a teaspoon of baking powder) by adding a large tablespoon of cocoa powder and also about 100g of chocolate melted in a bain-marie, reducing the butter by a bit. I don't cook with precision. I dolloped a teaspoon and half of the mix into each cup-cake case.

I iced them with what I should probably term a frosting since it's quite American seeming: melt dark chocolate with a smidgeon on cream to help it on its way, beat into soft cream cheese which has been slightly sweetened with icing sugar. Then I adorned them with bought ornaments (I hear your shocked gasps!)


I've also made a fruits of the forest cake with mascarpone cream filling.


It's always a bit hard to slice, this one, but tasty.

4 comments:

claude said...

Please to save some cake for me love.

The bathroom man came. A quote is forthcoming.

Albert Herring said...

Perfect timing today's Softer World: http://www.asofterworld.com/triumvirate.jpg

Shep said...

Damn! I want cake!

punk said...

cakes spangles are spettacolari!