Monday, 7 May 2007

beautiful people

Went clubbing last night to one of Rome's super-trendy type places. If we'd not already been a bit merry we'd not have gone in due to the exhorbitant cost (€25 anybody??) but we were tipsy so in we went... and frankly it was money well spent. The DJ was average, the place is nice enough but there are many better in London... but I've never been to this club on a Saturday night before and Oh MY GOD I have quite literally never seen so many fantastically attractive people of both genders in a place before. These were the most attractive people I have ever seen IN ITALY and that's really saying something. 95% of the people in there were hot. There were a few people a) badly dressed or b) unattractive or c) not very good dancers, but no-one was all of the above. There were some kids who looked seriously and dangerously undeage, too. But basically the vast majority were just drop dead gorgeous. There was one girl... my god I have never ever seen a body like it even in photos let alone in real life, all displayed in a microscopic white dress which had quite clearly neither bra nor knickers underneath it. Frankly I have no idea why they let us in at all in the first place, we stood there gawping like total provicincials. Everywhere you looked there were revoltingly attractive people... there was this guy in a pink tshirt... *drifts* er... where was I.... they weren't all supercool types, especially, there was a lot of exuberant dancing and there were a variety of sartorial styles on display - which isn't always the case in Italy. It wasn't intimidating, and we had a great time, in a gentle haze of unrequited lust and rum and dancing, and got home on the first morning bus at 5.30am.

4 comments:

Aussie Romanista said...

Just wanted to test out my new account.
ps. next time get your fone camera out and take some happy snaps.

De Vertalerin said...

Wouldn't that be a bit, well, uncool?

Spangly Princess said...

hehe it certainly would... plus in a profoundly un-Italian way I am happy to be seperated from my cellulare for, ooh, minutes at a time, and had left it at home the better not to lug a huge bag out dancing with me. Keys, cash, lipstick. That's all a girl needs.

martinobhoy said...

When I lived in Dumfries, Chancers Nightclub was the same for being full of good looking women.

Although the wine, grappa and Peroni that I had quaffed before entering may have had something to do with it.........