Friday, 9 March 2007

england

Have a couple of days to spend with my brother before the Scary job interview on monday. It's cold here but the blossom is out, how lovely. England does early spring quite well, in fact, when the weather is fine. My brother is a little stressed but we went out for a lovely dinner last night and had a companionable morning cleaning out the fridge together today. Of course, my timing in making this trip being determined by the interview I have rather spring it on him and he is inevitably already rather busy with dissertions for his masters' in English Literature, his masked ball this evening and his visitors who arrive tomorrow to be shown around the Cotswolds. Still it is so great to catch up with him, we always laugh and laugh and laugh together, and we understand the way each other think so well.

Good news: the conference paper proposal I shared with you some time ago has been accepted, yay for me. I've never been to Swansea before either, what fun (maybe). Now I just have to write the damn thing! In fact, my other conference paper proposal for the conference in Northampton this summer has also been accepted. I have been to Northampton before though.

7 comments:

TrentToffee said...

Swansea ! yeah what fun. Hahahahaaaaa Hoohoohoohooooo. In case you didn't know, everybody is named Jack - for some reason or other.

de vertalerin said...

I went to Swansea once, when I caught an overnight ferry to Cork there in 1972. I ate a cheese and onion pie in the students' union. It was all right. As cheese and onion pies go.

martinobhoy said...

Just catching up on your other posts. I'll get a copy of WSC today when I'm up the town dodging drunken Irish rugby fans.

And good luck in the CL quarter final. I think you've got every chance now that the godlike Henrik Larsson is no longer there.

de vertalerin said...

Exactly, Larssen was what did for us in last years's CL final.

martinobhoy said...

de vertalerin - And no less a man than the great Thierry Henry said so as well.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

glad you were able to have fun with your brother before the "scary interview" ... a masked ball? how fun!?!

and while i'm here, how did said "scary interview" go? i'm sure they loved you! can't wait to hear (well, read...)

Kris said...

Yeah, how was the scary interview?
And how was the place?