1. Go to a busy bookshop on a Friday early evening to use up your points which need spending 'cos they expire at the end of the year in order to treat yourself.
2. Grab book you've been wanting for the past 6 months, join huge queue.
3. Make eye-contact with supercute guy (tall, dark, slim, provocative smile) next to you in the queue. Notice what he's buying (Stendhal, Jonathan Coe, a book of contemporary political analysis). Admire his dress sense.
4. Strike up conversation with some remark about the busyness of the shop. Exchange a few small-talk-y comments.
5. So, he says, what are you buying? and takes the book from your hand.
6. Book is entitled "Il corpo del nemico ucciso" [The body of the slain enemy] and the cover features two corpses in a black and white photo. along with the subtitle (war and death in the contemporary world)
7. Watch as cute boy raises eyebrow doubtfully, hastily returns book to your hand, and politely fails to pursue the acquaintance. Gah.