Saturday, 2 September 2006

Le Grand Fromage

For my eighteenth birthday, my then-best-friend Becky made me a compilation tape. It was designed to be supercheesy and nostalgic, so that when alone in the big scary world of university I could listen to it and reminisce about the good - and the very silly - times at school.

The friendship has passed on, sadly, but the tape remains. I've no tape player any more so have hunted down all the songs and made a CD for myself. It's not exaclty to be listened to every day - in fact, probably no more than once a year - but it is actually a GREAT compilation of cheese. I commend it to you:

Spice Girls Wannabe
Village People YMCA
Gina G Just a Little Bit
Sinead O'Connor Nothing Compares to You
Roxette Must Have Been Love
Sister Sledge Frankie
Billy Ocean When the Going Gets Tough
Bryan Adams Everything I do (I do it for you)
Boyzone Father and Son
Chesney Hawks I am the One and Only
Chris de Burgh Missing You
Diana Ross Chain Reaction
Erasure A Little Respect
The Grease Megamix
Madonna Crazy for You
The Crystals Da Doo Ron Ron
Roy Orbison Pretty Woman
Take That Never Forget

now where did I put my leg-warmers?

5 comments:

Red said...

I remember dancing to Chain Reaction at the Empire in Leicester Square when I first moved to London... I thought I was the epitome of cool.

* (asterisk) said...

That, my dear Spangly Princess, is one of the worst song lists I have ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes on! Truly terrifying. (But permissible listening for old-friend nostalgia reasons.)

bananas62 said...

While I agree with * the music list maybe isn't one of best, the memories have to be priceless! Treasure these memories.

Anonymous said...

It looks nice - "nice".

Spangly Princess said...

hehe it's a terrifyingly bad selection, I have to agree. but exceptionally funny. best enjoyed with a hefty quantity of gin, or perhaps some rum-based cocktails, and bad dancing.